Originally posted at PaleoPorn.com
Paleo Guacamole Watermelon Bites - I have to admit I have not made these, but they look and sound AMAZING! I've been perusing through and lot of paleo diet websites to find the best paleo recipes around. Only recently have I stumbled across PaleoPorn.com! Great site, memorable name and I just across this little nugget this afternoon. I would never have EVER thought about putting avocados and watermelon together, but in this paleo recipe, she makes it sound SO fricking good!
If you try it out, shoot me a message and let me know how it is! More to follow when we try it here at home!
- 1 baby watermelon
- 3 avocados
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- juice of 3 limes
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- sea salt, to taste
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- Cut the watermelon in half. Then slice each half so you get circular pieces. Cut each circular piece into quarters and lay the pieces on a serving platter. Note: The pieces should look triangular, with a curved bottom
- In a medium bowl add avocado, in large size chunks. Mash with a fork until half smooth and half chunky.
- Add red onion, garlic, jalapeño pepper, lime juice, cilantro and salt to the bowl. Mix until combined.
- Add tomatoes prior to serving and mix well until combined.
- Scoop a serving of guacamole onto each watermelon piece, top with a tiny piece of cilantro and serve immediately.